Some of the biggest names in natural beauty congregated at Wholefoods Market on London’s Fulham Broadway on Tuesday night to celebrate one of the most important nights in their calendar; the launch of the Natural Beauty Yearbook and (possibly more importantly) the announcement of the Top 25 Who’s Who.
The annual event, which was once again sponsored by French skincare brand Melvita, celebrates the latest edition of The Natural Beauty Yearbook. The book, which is now in its eighth year is an annually compiled trade publication which contains a directory of individuals, brands and companies working in the industry, company profiles and details on new trends.
Nominated by natural beauty insiders, The Who’ Who is a guide to the biggest movers and shakers in the industry. Taking the top spot this year was Kirstie Sherriff; co-founder of Pinks Boutique. Up from last years second place, Kirstie has gradually worked her way up the list over the past five years and was humbled to accepted the award…
It’s a very exciting night for Pinks Boutique at Wholefoods and a genuine lovely surprise to win. I had always had a belief that the Number one slot would have to be quietly revealed beforehand to make sure the winner was there – but apparently not! Hence my unprepared acceptance speech!
I have slowly climbed my way up the Who’s Who from my first placement at number 17 four or five years ago so it is such an honour to have reached the top. The Who’s Who is year on year becoming a genuinely sought-after award, you can see and tell the brands are becoming more and more serious about it and Diversified should be proud of all the hard work they have put in. The Round Table discussion this September was another great step in the right direction for the industry and we look forward to more. Thank you once again.”
Sonia White, Managing Director of LoveLula and Amarya moved up from eleven places to take second place, whilst Alexander and Kim Barani, co-founders of Kinetic Natural Products maintained last years third place spot.
There were a number of other familiar names on the list this year as well as a few new entries, including: Jayn Sterland Commerical Director of Weleda; The Organic Pharmacy’s founder Margo Marrone and Rivka Rose, founder of Faith in Nature.
The complete list of the 2015 Who’s Who in natural beauty reads as follows…
- Kirstie Sherriff, co-founder, Pinks Boutique (2)
- Sonia White, managing director of Amarya and LoveLula (12)
- Alexander and Kim Barani, co founders, Kinetic Natural Products (3)
- Rebecca Goodyear, Rebecca Goodyear PR (5)
- Janey Lee Grace, journalist and author (1)
- Sarah Brown, owner, Pai Organic Skincare (6)
- Simon Golding, owner, Australis (22)
- Elijah Choo, founder, Bodhi and Birch (7)
- Claire Vero, founder, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare*
- Tracey Robinson, founder, Vert PR (10)
- Jayn Sterland, commercial director, Weleda*
- Graeme Hume, owner, Pravera (8)
- Rivka Rose, founder, Faith in Nature*
- Dr Pauline Hili, founder, Nourish*
- Tracy Taylor, product development manager, Herrco (25)
- Fiona Klonarides, founder, The Beauty Shortlist (9)
- Imelda Burke, owner, Content Beauty (16)
- Margo Marrone, co-founder, The Organic Pharmacy*
- Joanna Jensen, founder, Child’s Farm*
- Dr Mario Spiezia, Inslight skincare formulator*
- Simon Ford, brand manager, Melvita UK (13)
- Abi Weeds, founder Odylique (previously called Essential Care) (15)
- Victoria Brock, founder, SoukSouk (14)
- Wendy Stirling, founder, Botanicals (21)
- Emma Coleman, founder, Inner-Soul Organics*
*New Entrant / (3) List position in 2014
You can find out more about the Natural Beauty Yearbook at www.naturalbeautyyearbook.co.uk or read about last years awards here.
Main Image: Natural Beauty Yearbook
Body Image: courtesy of Natural Products Online