Natural Beauty Yearbook 2014
Tuesday night was one of the biggest nights in the natural beauty calendar; the launch of the Natural Beauty Yearbook 2014. Sadly I was unable to attend this year, however I have caught up with as much of the gossip as possible…
This annual event was hosted by leading French beauty brand Melvita and held at Whole Foods Market, Kensington High Street, London (a Mecca for all things natural and organic) and was attended by a stellar line-up of journalists, natural beauty buyers, manufacturers and bloggers.
If any of you are unfamiliar with the Natural Beauty Yearbook, it is a trade publication for the natural beauty industry. Launched in 2007, it is packed full of company profiles, new trends, a company directory and all of the best ethical, Fairtrade, organic and sustainable products.
The highlight of the evening is the announcement of the Who’s Who in Natural Beauty list. Voted for by the industry, the list celebrates the 25 most influential personalities in natural and organic beauty; those leading the way in products and driving new trends.
The winner of this prestigious award for the second year running was writer and presenter Janey Lee Grace (pictured below). The Radio 2 presenter is a long time advocate of all things natural and organic and said of her award:
“I’m thrilled to be voted number one, It’s a brilliant accolade to be recognised in such an incredible industry. The range of natural and organic beauty products and services is now awesome and the real winners are the companies who work so hard to create effective affordable and luxurious natural, organic and eco options for those of us who want to look great naturally – without ditching the lipstick!
Coming a close second was Kirstie Sherriff, co-founder of Pinks Boutique with Alexander and Kim Barani, founders of Kinetic Enterprises (and recent winners of the Outstanding Achievement Award at Natural & Organic Products Europe in April) at number three.
There were also a number of new entrants to the list this year, including Victoria Wright, owner Souk Souk; Elijah Choo, founder of Bodhi; and Lou Dartford, a Make-up Artist and beauty writer.
The complete list of the 2014 who’s who in natural beauty reads as follows…
1. Janey Lee Grace, writer and presenter (1)
2. Kirstie Sherriff, co-founder, Pinks Boutique (5)
3. Alexander & Kim Barani, founders, Kinetic Enterprises (3)
4. Colleen Harte, owner, Lucy Annabella Organics*
5. Rebecca Goodyear, PR and blogger (11)
6. Sarah Brown, owner, Pai Skincare (9)
7. Elijah Choo, founder, Bodhi*
8. Graeme Hume, owner, Pravera (7)
9. Fiona Klonarides, blogger and journalist, The Beauty Shortlist (15)
10. Tracey Robinson, owner, Vert PR (8)
11. Star Khechara, writer, presenter and ‘beautritionist’
12. Sonia White, founder, Amarya*
13. Simon Ford, brand manager, Melvita (4)
14. Victoria Wright, owner, Souk Souk*
15. Margaret and Abi Weeds, co-owners, Essential Care
16. Imelda Burke, owner, Content Beauty (22)
17. Jo Fairley and Sarah Stacey, journalists, The Green Beauty Bible (20)
18. Rebecca Hopkins, Clare Hopkins, Sian Jones, co-founders, Balance Me*
19. Nic White, founder, Alva and ONE Beauty (17)
20. Clare Eluka, owner, Premae*
21. Wendy Stirling, owner, Botanicals*
22. Simon Golding, founder, Australis
23. Neena Treham, owner, Spa Fabulous Organics*
24. Lou Dartford, writer and make-up artist*
25. Tracey Taylor, new product development manager, Herrco*
*New Entrant / (3) List position in 2013